Our street had an exciting day. Every young kid loves to see a fire truck and our neighborhood kids got to see one today thanks to our house. Nothing really major happened, but when they were digging the trench they accidentally struck the gas line. They did all the right things and called in the proper people to help fix it in no time.
Over lunchtime, Jay and I swung by to meet up with our contractor and the trim guy to pick out all the trim around the doors, baseboards and the crown molding. The heat got to this pregnant girl pretty fast, so I wasn’t really in the mood for it all but we made it through and we now have the decision checked off of our list of to-do’s.
They were just finishing up doing the final insulation touches (fiber insulation will have to go in around our can lights and other areas that can’t have the foam spray) and next our sheet rock will go in. Our guys are such hard workers that they actually came a day to soon and started sheet rocking, but had to stop since the insulation guys weren’t fully done. At least they got some of their sheet rock hauled in. They are looking at working more on the sheet rock tomorrow or Saturday.
I quickly went in and grabbed some shots and got right out tonight. It really doesn’t give off a horrible odor, but everyone kept telling me I shouldn’t be there. It was pretty amazing what a difference the insulation is making on the upper floor. Don’t get me wrong – our non-air conditioned house is still very hot, but you can somewhat breath up there now. Before it was miserable to be upstairs.